Gaze viewers, also known as eye tracking viewers, are software applications that allow users to analyze and visualize eye tracking data collected from an eye tracking device. Eye tracking is the process of measuring the point of gaze, or the position of the eye, and can be used for a variety of applications such as research, usability testing, and marketing.
Some common use cases and functions of gaze viewers include:
- Research: Eye tracking data can be used in research studies to better understand human behavior, attention, and decision making. Researchers use gaze viewers to visualize eye tracking data and analyze it for patterns or trends.
- Usability testing: With eye tracking you can evaluate the usability of a product or website by analyzing where users are looking and how long they spend looking at certain areas. Gaze viewers allow usability testers to visualize eye tracking data and make informed decisions about design changes.
- Marketing: Eye tracking is also applied in marketing research to understand how consumers interact with advertisements or product packaging. With the help of gaze viewers marketers can analyze eye tracking data and optimize their designs for maximum engagement.
Here are some examples of gaze viewer software products:
- EyeLink Data Viewer: This is a free software application provided by SR Research for analyzing eye tracking data collected using their EyeLink eye trackers. The software includes features for visualizing eye movement data, identifying fixations and saccades, and exporting data for further analysis: https://www.sr-research.com/data-viewer/
- GazeRecorder: This is a low-cost eye tracking software that allows users to record and analyze eye tracking data using a webcam or other compatible eye tracking device. The software includes features for visualizing gaze paths, analyzing gaze heatmaps, and exporting data to other applications: https://gazerecorder.com/
- Tobii Dynavox Gaze Viewer: This is a free software application provided by Tobii Dynavox for analyzing eye tracking data collected using their eye trackers. The software includes features for visualizing gaze data, analyzing fixations and saccades, and exporting data for further analysis: https://us.tobiidynavox.com/products/gaze-viewer
Overall, gaze viewers are essential tools for analyzing eye tracking data and can be used in a variety of applications including research, usability testing, and marketing.